AppleShare system error
Bill Fellows
2005-11-28 21:09:38 UTC
Hi,

I'm not able to connect to a netatalk-2.0.2 server with more than 171 shares from a 10.3.9 OS X Mac client. The server receives a TCP ACK "No more data from sender" from the client. The client then displays "Connection failed. An AppleShare system error occurred.". 171 shares works fine, 172 shares fails. Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill Fellows

---------------------------------
Leland Wallace
2005-11-28 22:13:41 UTC
Post by Bill Fellows
Hi,
I'm not able to connect to a netatalk-2.0.2 server with more than
171 shares from a 10.3.9 OS X Mac client. The server receives a TCP
ACK "No more data from sender" from the client. The client then
displays "Connection failed. An AppleShare system error occurred.".
171 shares works fine, 172 shares fails. Any help with this problem
will be greatly appreciated.
There is a limit to the size of the GetServerParms reply that the
client can handle. The GetSrvrPsrms call tells the client what
volumes the server offers. Try adding up the bytes used for the
volume names + 2 per volume name, the total should not exceed about
4.5k (there is some other overhead in the reply as well so you won't
get all of that for volume names).

HTH

- Leland

Leland Wallace Working in Core Servers